The HVAC system is perhaps the most important system in any building. That’s why it’s important to make sure that indeed it’s in good condition. Besides, poor heating and cooling Tucson, AZ maintenance can lead to massive repair costs and you don’t want to go through all that. But for the average person, sometimes understanding what preventive maintenance is and how to do it can be a challenge. This is the main reason why commercial business owners would prefer to have an arrangement with an HVAC maintenance expert. But even then, how do you know that the preventive maintenance contract you are about to sign will work for you? Well, don’t worry because here we have a simple guide for you.
Preventative Maintenance Checklist
The first thing is to understand what preventative maintenance is all about. It’s important to note that HVAC maintenance should be a customized service. air conditioning repair Tucson, AZ is unique and it may need special attention to ensure it keeps working.
Nonetheless, here is a basic HVAC preventive maintenance checklist for you:
Spring And Summer
– The filters on the cooling equipment need to be replaced
– Belts and pulleys must be checked and replaced if not in good condition
– The evaporator and the condenser need to be cleaned
– Inspect for any leaks on the refrigerator charge
– Pans and drain lines must be cleared
– Electrical connections need to be in good condition
– Inspect the fan and the blower motors to ensure that they are in good shape
– The thermostats and other controls should be inspected
– The bearings, the motors, and all the moving components of the system must be lubricated
– Air flow must be inspected to ensure it’s adequate.
Fall And Winter HVAC Checklist:
– Heating equipment and filters should be inspected and replaced if needed
– Belt and pulleys should be checked and replaced if needed
– Inspect the lines and pans to ensure they are working well
– Check the connection to the power source and ensure it’s okay
– The burner and the ignition assembly should be inspected by a HVAC professional.
– The heat exchanger must be in good shape too so don’t forget to check it out
– Lubrication of all the moving components should be done regularly
Picking The Right Maintenance Contract
With all these things that need to be done, it may not be easy to juggle everything on your own.
But before you hire a AC repair Tucson, AZ maintenance company, here are some questions to ask just to make sure you are getting the best deal:
How Long Will The Maintenance Visit Take?
Remember that time is vital. You cannot afford to have the HVAC maintenance team take too long.
Will You Share Any Issues With Me After Each Visit?
It’s important to know if there’s anything wrong with your HVAC system and how to fix it.
What Can I Do To Improve The Performance Of My HVAC System?
If your energy bills are skyrocketing due to an inefficient HVAC system, this would be a great question to ask.
Well, these are some of the things you should know in order to keep your HVAC system working as good as new.